OwhiroMamas

News and views from two ladies at the bottom of the world.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ruth: Ya know they say it ain't easy...


Mmmm, John Lennon's songs are a bit too poignant right now. Especially his 'glass onion' phase.



Just as well I'm anonymous-ish because notariety would be infamy right now, huh?



I'm home on 'weekend leave' to use an outdated term. Let's just say hanging out at home after so long away had some associated teething issues in the personal department but for the most part I was treated like a queen (of Sh==ba) and I certainly wasn't behaving like one.

I've got some nagging physical discomforts that don't make for pleasant reading so I'll save delicate readers from the details. It's interesting that these physical sensations are totally intertwined with my emotional state and interpersonal interactions. Also interesting is the response I get when I mention my physical discomforts.


Me: Ouch, my neck hurts (anxiously rubbing sore neck)

Other person: Are you feeling anxious?


Well, now actually I was feeling anxious. I was anxious about the pain in my neck.


I've learnt though, that my pain in the neck is a pain in the butt to everyone else. I've learnt to stop moaning so much.


I've also found that time, and underemployment, is a great healer. After about a month and a half of chronic complaint about my pain (sorry, anxiety) the pain in my neck, back and arms has almost cleared up. All I've got to fix now is the pain in the butt I've been creating for everyone else. Isn't it ironic...don't you think.


It's a corker of a sunny day and we plan to go for a drive, stopping for lunch on the way.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Lorenzo said…

    you girls
    hope it's not too cold yet there,
    miss you both
    like your blog
    thanks for comments on my blog
    soon will be back
    kiss all Wellie lezzies for me
    hugs
    Lorenzo

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger Lorenzo said…

    hhmmmm...
    lunch!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home