OwhiroMamas

News and views from two ladies at the bottom of the world.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Marolyn: I'm doing it right now...

Relaxing, that is. Ruth is the one working on a Sunday afternoon - for shame.

I woke up today feeling very enthusiastic, but that soon wore off when I stayed in bed too long.
Alas, a holiday of 11 days is looming and that makes everything shiny and bright. Except the sky, which is gray and dark. Yay summer...

It's been a week since our last insemination. We are not as obsessed about testing and pregnancy signs this month. As I said previously Ruth is working - her mind is elsewhere.

We went to Ateo's Happy Birthday cake party yesterday at Te Papa's Storyplace. That was exciting, soft toys, life size mooing cows and dress ups. We had more sugar than should be allowed and watched Ateo's face light up at his nice gifts and fist, then mouth fulls of hot chips.

In other news, I've been badging again. Ruth, Gabi and I went to see the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra Friday and I got so inspired I've made a batch of ukulele badges. I'm happy with them. I think I will start putting my elliptical creations on my website so they can be viewed by all.

Friday I went to drop Honey, our to-be-converted diesel van to out would-be convertor Envirocar. But on the way, she died. So I started walking towards home at 7.30am with cramps, no cash and work to get to... I called Envirocar and Dave, the owner, kindly said he'd come look at the car in an hour. So Ruth came to meet me and we sat in the back of the van and ate a very unhealthy breakfast. Finally Dave called saying he'd be very late because he had run out of fuel... Then in true New Zealand happenstance, Ruth saw Dave parked in our car near where she had died. Flat battery, according to him. And that's where the story sits on pause. We don't know what's going on with the van... he's checking her out to see if she will run for a couple of years until we move to LA. That's all we want anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home